December 29th 2010
Thank you for choosing to support UrbanPromise in 2010!
Your contributions helped us to carry out our mission “to equip Camden’s children and young adults with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, spiritual growth and Christian leadership.” Together we:
• Engaged 520 children in safe, fun, educational and spiritual summer camps
• Tutored and provided safe AfterSchool Programs for 230 children
• Employed 70 teenagers in our StreetLeader Program
• Celebrated as 100% of our seniors (StreetLeaders and UrbanPromise Academy) graduated from high school
• Assisted 14 out of 15 last year graduates in successfully completing their first semester of college (and the staff is still working on the last one!) and supported the other 54 former StreetLeaders during their sophomore, junior & senior years in college
• Hosted over 300 missions/workgroup participants
• Worked with 50 summer interns and 18 school-year interns, who spent their summer/ school-year in full time service at UrbanPromise
• Helped launch “UrbanPromise Miami” with the help of former StreetLeaders, who served as camp leadership and staff in Miami this past summer
• Sent a group of StreetLeaders on a mission trip to UrbanPromise Honduras
• Were blessed by over 80 consistent volunteers
• Provided thanksgiving meals to 800 people; distributed 1,500 Christmas presents to children who may not otherwise have received gifts; facilitated spring break trips for children and their families
• Exposed children and youth to colleges, churches, butterflies, ponies, camping under the Milky Way, swimming, sailing and boat building
• Built a community where God’s love, forgiveness, kindness, creativity and grace abound
Every day at UrbanPromise is a good day, because everyday lives are being touched; children are safe; young people are learning; teenagers are leading; and God is at work in our midst. Our lives, our community, our children and our youth are blessed by you, as you have allowed this tremendous ministry to open its doors everyday this year.
PS. Contributions made by December 31, 2010 will be applied to the 2010 year. Click here to donate now.
PPS. If you are interested in giving a year-end gift of appreciated stock, please call my colleague, Lisa McSparron at (856) 661-1700 or email email@example.com.